We publish the best Ethereum Classic ETC APY staking rewards and interest rates.
There are not many companies offering Ethereum Classic ETC interest rates on deposits.
However, we have searched throughout all lending and borrowing companies including all the best altcoin exchanges offering interest-earning products.
If you are interested in other cryptocurrency APY staking rewards, see the full list of the best altcoin APY interest rates.
No Financial Advice, Information only. Do your own research
Ethereum Classic ETC Staking APY Interest Rates
Kucoin Lending Ethereum Classic ETC APY
Kucoin has a peer-to-peer margin trading market where you can lend your funds you HODL for traders looking to trade with leverage.
Traders using leverage has to pay an interest rate to the lender, in this case, you.
Since there is an open market there is no fixed APY but when we check there the ETC lending rate was 11-21% yearly APR depending on how many days you can lend them 7,14 or 28 days.
Binance Ethereum Classic ETC APY Rates
Binance Earn offers both locked fixed staking for 120 days and flexible staking for Ethereum Classic ETC.
For the 120 days of locked staking, you will get 5% APR and 1% APR for the flexible terms.
What is Ethereum Classic ETC?
Today Ethereum Classic has similarities with, and differences from Ethereum ETH. Still, Ethereum Classic is an open-source, decentralized, blockchain-based distributed cryptocurrency platform that runs smart contracts.
- Immutability – Ethereum’s network allow prior transactions to be altered and adjusted. However, Ethereum Classic uses the original immutable Ethereum system where users cannot alter transactions in the blockchain’s history.
- Mining Process – Ethereum Classic uses a proof-of-work process for mining, similar to Bitcoin. The Ethereum system has been updated to a proof-of-stake process where people validate transactions to contribute their stakes to the mining process for the chance to get a reward.
- Token Supply Limit – Ethereum has no upper limit but the inflation has been reduced significantly by the proof-of-stake implementation. In addition, the EIP-1559 upgrade burns some of the ETH gas fees which makes the network deflationary occasionally. Ethereum Classic is limited to 230 million tokens in its lifespan.
- Marketcap – Ethereum has a much larger marketcap than Ethereum classic ETC, with a market cap of $7 billion and a token price of $55 as of September 2021.
- Future work – Ethereum is a more dynamic network with possible future changes while Ethereum Classic has decided to strictly adhere to Ethereum’s original rules.
- Smart Contracts – Both versions of Ethereum operate with smart contracts.
- Pseudonymous – Both blockchains operate as pseudonymous setups where the public keys on a transaction will stay open, while the person’s name and other identifying details will not appear on the setup.
The post Ethereum Classic ETC Staking APY Rewards and Interest Rates appeared first on Cryptocoinzone.